Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Interview with Innovo

Innovo, also known as rulzalot, is a successful scripter that scripted for one of ROBLOX's largest groups, The Roblox Assault Team. 
✼COMING SOON✼_Image
A picture of Fort Borealis
Innovo has worked with several other builders and scripters to create Borealis, one of RAT's main forts, and started working on a new combat system, called Celeritas, but eventually cancelled the project.







What got you interested in scripting?


I was probably 11 years old or so. I forgot what it exactly was that got me into scripting, but I've always had an interest into figuring out what makes things tick. Lua was a good start, and even today I apply it to things outside of ROBLOX.

What are your biggest accomplishments from scripting?

Celeritas (A Roblox Assault Team Project). Due to unfortunate circumstances, I haven't released it and don't intend on doing so unless requested enough, but it was one of those experiences where everything you have ever learned proved itself useful in getting the project finished. It helped me realize how important knowledge about both coding and math are essential to creating novel system and simulating real life systems. It's actually what got me really interested into physics and the math describing it.

How do you apply Lua scripting to things outside of ROBLOX?



Hah, this is a good question actually. Just today I finished a program using Lua to help me study for my PSAT's coming later this year. The teacher of my PSAT team class gave us a huge list of words we have to memorize, but no methods to learn them. Because of this I decided I'd make a program to simulate the vocabulary portion of the PSAT test, breaking up the list of 125 words into 6 lessons with 25 words each. It works like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment